Cold/Flu Remedy protocol
From years of experience with myself, my own family and consulting others, it has become crystal clear that the best way to achieve good health and to avoid many of the diseases prevalent in society is through ancestral diet, good exercise and keeping your body toxin free and balanced.
First, let’s look at what is the difference between cold and flu by looking at their symptoms:
It is important to note that no matter whether it is cold or flu, in order for your body to heal, it needs to be:
· Protected from toxins/traumas
· Clear/Cleanse/Detox from toxins and trauma
Here is a 4 step approach to kick the cold/flu in the bud in no time.
4 Step Cold/ Flu Buster:
No Sugar, no alcohol, no coffee, no vegetable oils (corn, canola, soy oil), no grains, no vinegar (apple cider is ok)
There are many foundational steps to take to make sure body’s detoxing path is open. Be sure you have healthy bowel movements. That is key. Be sure your detoxing organs such as liver and kidneys are functioning optimally.
The following are in addition to the foundational steps above.
FIRST THING in the morning and right before bed:
· 8 oz glass of pure water with one whole freshly squeezed lemon juice
· Neti Pot helps clean stuffed-up sinuses and helps eliminate bacteria and other harmful bacteria. Just fill a sanitized neti pot with warm clean water (I use boiled then cooled pure clean water *) and about one teaspoon of sea salt, and gently pour it down your sinuses.
· 8-12oz glass of water w Bentonite clay and Diatomaceous Earth. Wait at least a half hour before and after eating
· Perform coffee enema. Did you know Coffee Enema increases production of Glutathione 600% ! So be sure to do coffee enema as your body needs it. The coffee enema is an age old remedy that can rapidly release toxins (from the increased mother of all antioxidants-glutathione) from your body and reduce inflammation.
Ancestral alone helps keep body strong and keep your immune system functioning properly. Here are immune boosting foods that you can incorporate when you are not feeling your best.
Consume good amounts of good home made bone broth. Bone broth helps prevent and lessens the symptoms of colds. Not only does it contain vital and trace minerals in a form the body can easily absorb, but the gelatin found in bone broth assists in neutralizing any intestinal pathogens. It also helps slow and stop diarrhea. The marrow extracted from the bones also boosts immunity. White blood cells, the cells in our bodies that control our immunity and handle infections, are made in the bone marrow. While cells usually break down during cooking, all of their components are still there and help our bodies build new white blood cells. Also, the onions, ginger, garlic and herbs added to the stock are universally known immune boosters and common cold remedies.
Get your fat soluble vitamins (the only way to get it is through animal products despite the perpetual lie told by “experts”). Liver is the perfect complete source of nutrient dense food:
· An excellent source of high-quality protein and amino acids
· Omega 3 fatty acids
· Vitamin C helps to boost adrenal glands and helps to restore your immune system.
· Minerals such as zinc, potassium, magnesium, phosphorous, manganese.
· A highly usable form of iron Trace elements such as copper, zinc and chromium; liver is our best source of copper
· Fat soluble vitamins A, D, E, K. Liver is the most concentrated source of retinol (preformed vitamin A) found in nature.
· All of the B vitamins, including choline, B12 and folate, which support methylation, a biochemical process that is very important for robust and vibrant brain and mental health. Liver has 17 times more vitamin B12 than regular ground beef. One of our best sources of folic acid
Here is a great article about liver with great Liver Pate recipe.
Get your minerals: One of the best and most delicious ways to get your minerals is via Miso soup
Lemon. drink plenty of fresh squeezed lemon water without sugar.
Eat Good fats and ditch the bad ones. For example Coconut oil is antiviral. Here is your guide
Add friendly bacteria to gut.
Fermented dairy and vegetables help to crowd out the bad pathogens and encourage proper bowl movement. Consult with a holistic practitioner who doesn’t practice using allopathic therapy if you have gut issues and sensitive to even friendly bacteria.
If you have a healthy gut flora, add cultured dairy (yogurt, coconut kefir, goat milk kefir, raw cow’s milk kefir.) and fermented vegetables (Kimchi or sauerkraut) .
Cultured foods are good additions to your diet because they create an acidic environment that makes it difficult for pathogens to survive.
Fermented vegetables contain microflora that help improve the immune system.
Help your immune system (3)
Man-made drugs only suppress symptoms.
While diet and exercise alone can help you achieve good health and keep your immune system functioning properly, there are many other things and natural supplements that can aid to this end as well.
Fortunately, there are many natural and effective alternatives available.
- NAC (N-acetyl cysteine) * Best precursor to and is considered a producer of the super detoxifier glutathione in the body which accelerates detoxification.
- Zinc (30-80mg per day depending on immunological pressure). I recommend lozenge form. combats sniffling, sneezing, coughing symptoms. facilitates the function of proteins and healthy digestive system where most of immunity lies. oysters are packed with zinc.
- Vitamin D3* Best form is through moderate daily sunlight exposure. But if you don’t have access to sunlight, best to supplement with D3 (Some recommend 10,000 International Units (IU) every day and/or cod liver oil. Effective when taken with vitamin A. Take 4 capsules/day of Cod Liver Oil for maintenance. 8-12 for treatment.
- Vitamin C (30ml, twice daily)* It is best if it is from whole food source like Camu Camu/acerola cherry powders/“liposomal” vitamin C.
- Quercetin (500-1000 mg, twice daily)*
- Iodine Here is an article about why and how much iodine the body needs. Dosage depends on brand; more is not better. Iodine is a product you must start with small dosages and build up over time. exercise caution if you have Hashimoto or Grave’s thyroid disorders. Best is to get in food form. Here is an easy Miso soup recipe.
Take 2-3 drops of one kind a day in water. Switch kind every 4 days for 32 days)
· Grapefruit seed extract
· Oil of oregano. the terpene chemical is antiviral and anti-inflammatory. The carvacrol chemical fights off pathogens.
· Garlic extract
· Olive leaf extract
– Cold/Sore Throat Relief (kid friendly)
· Apple Cide Vinegar. puts body in alkaline state which helps with the immune system
· Raw unprocessed honey. soothing and healing agent. antioxidant, antiviral, antibacterial. see my Cold/Sore Throat Tea remedy recipe.
· Ginger. anti-inflammatory property. targets stomach upset. It helps warm the body thereby promoting perspiration and expelling of toxins.
· echinacea. stimulates the immune system and promotes the activation of T-cells
· Turmeric. anti-inflammatory. safe and effective anti-viral agent.
· American Ginseng
· Elderberry syrup. 1 teaspoon twice/day
· homeopathic oscillococcinum has therapeutic value in the treatment of influenza-like syndromes.
Nebulizer with Hydrogen Peroxide and iodine
Dr. David Brownstein, who has a clinic just outside of Detroit, Michigan, has successfully treated over 200 patients successfully treated with this nebulized hydrogen peroxide AND iodine. According to Dr. Mercola, ideally, nebulizing (with Hydrogen Peroxide and Lugol’s Iodine) is most effective as a ‘mono treatment’ if you do it the same day you have a hint of the onset of flu or covid associated symptoms (scratchy throat, cough, slight congestion etc.).
Here is what you need:
· Desktop nebulizer (not the battery operated one)
· Hydrogen Peroxide (food grade 3%) mixed with saline
· Lugol’s iodine 5% (one drop which supplies 6.25 milligrams of iodine)
Peroxide needs to be diluted with saline. If you don’t have access to saline, you could make your own by mixing one teaspoon of unprocessed salt (such as Himalayan salt, Celtic salt or Redmond’s real salt) into a pint of water. This will give you a 0.9% saline solution, which is about the concentration found in body fluids. Using that saline, you will then dilute the hydrogen peroxide as described in this chart.
Remember to add the iodine.
Again, do your own research. Don’t take my word or anyone else’s. Research for yourself. Decide for yourself. I, nor anyone else is responsible for the actions you take.
The best way to get into a balance self and become the ultimate healing machine you were divinely designed to be is to follow and practice the principles within the 7 Natural Laws; the forgotten commandments. If you’d like to re-member/recall the forgotten commandments to help your body’s innate and divinely designed ability to be healthy, vibrant and happy using universally accepted, timeless, and immutable Natural Laws, check out the Re-Awaken Masterclass .
Additional Sources :
(due to censorship of natural remedies, sites may have been censored)
The Whole Transformation and/or Caroline Angel is not making any recommendations or offering any suggestions how you should or shouldn’t handle your personal situation. The following information is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your personal holistic minded physician. Truth be told, ultimately you want to become your own healer. It is important to note that there is not one panacea that will help one get into a balanced mode.
Affiliation Transparency: To help you shop my recommended brands, I have set up an account with certain companies. I earn a small commission if you use the links in this article to purchase the products I mentioned. I only recommend products I would use myself or that pass my test. Your purchase helps support this site and my ongoing research. Your cost is the same.
- Cold/Flu Remedy protocol - August 20, 2022
- Sunshine Vitamin - February 14, 2022
- Lung Detoxing Tea - August 16, 2021
- Air Purifier - April 20, 2020
- Is it Food Allergy or Intolerance? - September 13, 2019
- Lung Detoxing Tea - July 28, 2019
- Is Juicing Right for You? - November 26, 2018
- Pure Breath - November 14, 2018
- Effectively Banish Parasites From Your Pet Naturally - May 17, 2018
- Yummy Yam Puree - November 22, 2017