Cold/Flu Remedy protocol
From years of experience with myself, my own family and consulting others, it has become crystal clear that the best way to achieve good health and to avoid many of the diseases prevalent in society is through ancestral diet, good exercise and keeping your body toxin free and balanced.
Sometimes when our body is not strong enough to defend against a pathogen, it helps to have natural remedies handy. It is not so much about masking the issue- yes even natural remedies incorporate this allopathic practice. It is more to help body rest, cleanse, protect and nourish so that it can bounce back to its balanced state sooner.
First, let’s look at what is the difference between cold and flu by looking at their symptoms:,
It is important to note that no matter whether it is cold or flu, in order for your body to heal, it needs to be:
· Protected from toxins/traumas
· Clear/Cleanse/Detox from toxins and trauma
Here is a 4 step approach to kick the cold/flu in the bud in no time.
4 Step Cold/ Flu Buster:
No Sugar, no alcohol, no coffee, no vegetable oils (corn, canola, soy oil), no grains, no vinegar (apple cider is ok)
The number action to take to help body heal is to make sure body gets plenty of rest. Good sleep is when body repairs itself. So be sure to follow a good sleep hygiene to get to rest body.
There are many foundational steps to take to make sure body’s detoxing path is open. Be sure you have healthy bowel movements. That is key. Be sure your detoxing organs such as liver and kidneys are functioning optimally.
The following are in addition to the foundational steps above.
FIRST THING in the morning and right before bed:
· 8 oz glass of pure water with one whole freshly squeezed lemon juice
· Neti Pot helps clean stuffed-up sinuses and helps eliminate bacteria and other harmful bacteria. Just fill a sanitized neti pot with warm clean water (I use boiled then cooled pure clean water *) and about one teaspoon of sea salt, and gently pour it down your sinuses.
· 8-12oz glass of water w Bentonite clay and Diatomaceous Earth. Wait at least a half hour before and after eating
· Perform coffee enema. Did you know Coffee Enema increases production of Glutathione 600% ! So be sure to do coffee enema as your body needs it. The coffee enema is an age old remedy that can rapidly release toxins (from the increased mother of all antioxidants-glutathione) from your body and reduce inflammation.
Here are immune boosting foods that you can incorporate when you are not feeling your best.
Consume good amounts of good home made bone broth. Bone broth helps prevent and lessens the symptoms of colds. Not only does it contain vital and trace minerals in a form the body can easily absorb, but the gelatin found in bone broth assists in neutralizing any intestinal pathogens. It also helps slow and stop diarrhea. The marrow extracted from the bones also boosts immunity. White blood cells, the cells in our bodies that control our immunity and handle infections, are made in the bone marrow. While cells usually break down during cooking, all of their components are still there and help our bodies build new white blood cells.
Also, the onions, ginger, garlic and herbs added to the stock are universally known immune boosters and common cold remedies.
Pure Clean Water
Drink pure clean water * It is imperative that you make the broth with pure clean water to help your body expel all the toxins in your system.
Here is the water purification * I trust and use.
Get your fat soluble vitamins (the only way to get it is through animal products despite the perpetual lie told by “experts”). Liver is the perfect complete source of nutrient dense food:
· An excellent source of high-quality protein and amino acids
· Omega 3 fatty acids
· Vitamin C helps to boost adrenal glands and helps to restore your immune system.
· Minerals such as zinc, potassium, magnesium, phosphorous, manganese.
· A highly usable form of iron Trace elements such as copper, zinc and chromium; liver is our best source of copper
· Fat soluble vitamins A, D, E, K. Liver is the most concentrated source of retinol (preformed vitamin A) found in nature.
· All of the B vitamins, including choline, B12 and folate, which support methylation, a biochemical process that is very important for robust and vibrant brain and mental health. Liver has 17 times more vitamin B12 than regular ground beef. One of our best sources of folic acid
Beef liver is one of the most nutrient dense superfoods in existence. Here is a great article about liver with great Liver Pate recipe.
It is high quality un-defatted dehydrated beef liver supplement sourced only from grass pastured cows. Ounce per ounce, grass-fed beef liver is one of the most nutrient dense foods in the entire world. Glandular supplements from this company are minimally processed, to maintain as much of their bioactive compounds as possible. They are not concentrated, standardized, or extracted in any way. Most all of our glandular supplements are not de-fatted or rinsed of their enzymes and hormones, and many other brands will do for their glandular products. Because our glandulars are so minimally-processed, compounds such as vitamins will vary from batch to batch, as they would in nature. So we do not give specific numbers for these nutrients. It has also been shown to contain iron, potassium, vitamin A, and vitamin D. To save you time, money and effort, I set up an online dispensary with hand picked brands and supplements that have been tested and proven. Purchase from trustworthy source at compatible prices to Amazon. Some people choose to utilize the liquid B12 Liquid (Methylcobalamin) 5mg 4 fl oz product which can be absorbed easily and has been shown to be as effective in raising B12 levels as injections.
Don’t like the taste of liver or consuming animal product is not in alignment with your journey? Get all of the benefits of fresh grass fed liver in a convenient capsule. —> Visit this online dispensary to see my recommended beef liver pills.
Get your minerals: One of the best and most delicious ways to get your minerals is via Miso soup
Subscribe HERE to receive your copy of Which Fats to Eat, Which Fats to Ditch cheat cheat sheet and learn:
- Which essential and safe fats and oils to include in your diet
- The only heat safe fats and oils to Use for cooking- despite what the label says
- Cold-safe but heat-dangerous fats and oils
- Which “healthy” fats to avoid
Friendly bacteria to the rescue
Fermented dairy and vegetables help to crowd out the bad pathogens and encourage proper bowl movement.
Consult with a holistic practitioner who doesn’t practice using allopathic therapy if you have gut issues and sensitive to even friendly bacteria.
If you have a healthy gut flora, add cultured dairy (yogurt, coconut kefir, goat milk kefir, raw cow’s milk kefir.) and fermented vegetables (Kimchi or sauerkraut) .
Cultured foods are good additions to your diet because they create an acidic environment that makes it difficult for pathogens to survive.
Fermented vegetables contain microflora that help improve the immune system.
Help your immune system (3)
While diet and exercise alone can help you achieve good health and keep your immune system functioning properly, there are many other things and natural supplements that can aid to this end as well. Man-made drugs only suppress symptoms.
Fortunately, there are many natural and effective alternatives available. Here are the top effective vitamins and minerals.
- NAC (N-acetyl cysteine) * Best precursor to and is considered a producer of the super detoxifier glutathione in the body which accelerates detoxification.
- Zinc (30-80mg per day depending on immunological pressure). I recommend lozenge form. combats sniffling, sneezing, coughing symptoms. facilitates the function of proteins and healthy digestive system where most of immunity lies. oysters are packed with zinc.
- Vitamin D3* Best form is through moderate daily sunlight exposure. But if you don’t have access to sunlight, best to supplement with D3 (Some recommend 10,000 International Units (IU) every day and/or cod liver oil. Effective when taken with vitamin A. Take 4 capsules/day of Cod Liver Oil for maintenance. 8-12 for treatment.
- Vitamin C (30ml, twice daily)* It is best if it is from whole food source like Camu Camu/acerola cherry powders/“liposomal” vitamin C.
- Quercetin (500-1000 mg, twice daily)*
- Iodine Here is an article about why and how much iodine the body needs. Dosage depends on brand; more is not better. Iodine is a product you must start with small dosages and build up over time. Exercise caution if you have Hashimoto or Grave’s thyroid disorders. Best is to get in food form. Follow my Miso soup recipe listed above.
Should you need some guidance, use this scheduler to schedule a complimentary 20 minute consult with me.
Take 2-3 drops of one kind of these extracts a day in water. Choose between two. Switch kind every 4 days for 32 days
· Grapefruit seed extract
· Oil of oregano. the terpene chemical is antiviral and anti-inflammatory. The carvacrol chemical fights off pathogens.
· Garlic extract
· Olive leaf extract
Here are 3 variations of hot lemon tea recipes
– Cold/Sore Throat Relief (kid friendly)
Here is a lung repairing tea. It is a bit more complicated than the above lemon teas but it is very potent.
· Apple Cide Vinegar. puts body in alkaline state which helps with the immune system
· Raw unprocessed honey. soothing and healing agent. antioxidant, antiviral, antibacterial. see my Cold/Sore Throat Tea remedy recipe.
· Ginger. anti-inflammatory property. targets stomach upset. It helps warm the body thereby promoting perspiration and expelling of toxins.
· echinacea. stimulates the immune system and promotes the activation of T-cells
· Turmeric. anti-inflammatory. safe and effective anti-viral agent.
· American Ginseng
· Elderberry syrup. 1 teaspoon twice/day
· homeopathic oscillococcinum has therapeutic value in the treatment of influenza-like syndromes.
Nebulizer with Hydrogen Peroxide and iodine
Dr. David Brownstein, who has a clinic just outside of Detroit, Michigan, has successfully treated over 200 patients successfully treated with this nebulized hydrogen peroxide AND iodine. According to Dr. Mercola, ideally, nebulizing (with Hydrogen Peroxide and Lugol’s Iodine) is most effective as a ‘mono treatment’ if you do it the same day you have a hint of the onset of flu or covid associated symptoms (scratchy throat, cough, slight congestion etc.).
Here is what you need:
· Desktop nebulizer (not the battery operated one)
· Hydrogen Peroxide (food grade 3%) mixed with saline
· Lugol’s iodine 5% (one drop which supplies 6.25 milligrams of iodine)
Peroxide needs to be diluted with saline. If you don’t have access to saline, you could make your own by mixing one teaspoon of unprocessed salt (such as Himalayan salt, Celtic salt or Redmond’s real salt) into a pint of water. This will give you a 0.9% saline solution, which is about the concentration found in body fluids. Using that saline, you will then dilute the hydrogen peroxide as described in this chart.
Remember to add the iodine.
Again, do your own research. Don’t take my word or anyone else’s. Research for yourself. Decide for yourself. I, nor anyone else is responsible for the actions you take.
The God given medicine is within and all around us. The best way to get into a balance self and become the ultimate healing machine you were divinely designed to be is to follow and practice the principles within the 7 Natural Laws; the forgotten commandments.
If you’d like to re-member/recall the forgotten commandments to help your body’s innate and divinely designed ability to be healthy, vibrant and happy using universally accepted, timeless, and immutable Natural Laws, check out the Re-Awaken Masterclass .
Additional Sources :
(due to censorship of natural remedies, sites may have been censored)
The Whole Transformation and/or Caroline Angel is not making any recommendations or offering any suggestions how you should or shouldn’t handle your personal situation. The following information is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your personal holistic minded physician. Truth be told, ultimately you want to become your own healer. It is important to note that there is not one panacea that will help one get into a balanced mode.
Affiliation Transparency: To help you shop my recommended brands, I have set up an account with certain companies. I earn a small commission if you use the links in this article to purchase the products I mentioned. I only recommend products I would use myself or that pass my test. Your purchase helps support this site and my ongoing research. Your cost is the same.
- Eggshell Membrane: An Overlooked Collagen Source - September 21, 2023
- Lemon Verbena Tea - July 19, 2023
- Lemon Verbena Herb - July 19, 2023
- Announcing the 5th Blue Zone - March 11, 2023
- 2 toxic additives to avoid in bread - March 1, 2023
- How to add TheWholeTransformation to your allow list - February 8, 2023
- Hibiscus – Egyptian Wonder Flower 🌺 - December 14, 2022
- Cold/Flu Remedy protocol - August 20, 2022
- Sunshine Vitamin - February 14, 2022
- Spike Protein Disabling Tea - August 16, 2021