“Dirty” Foods in Clean 15 ™ List
What if you know the value of consuming organic but it isn’t practical to buy organic all the time?
Check this post to find out why you should care about avoiding pesticides, what difference avoiding pesticides make in your life and if washing and peeling help reduce pesticide overload.
Clean 15 ™ list from Environmental Working Group helps you decide when you can save money by buying produce that is grown conventionally. The list aims to rank produce with the least pesticide load. The Dirty Dozen ™ List from EWG Environmental Working Group list aims to rank the fruits with the most pesticide residue. A few extra pennies spent on organic for these twelve fruits and vegetables in particular will go a long way towards protecting your health. When it comes to these 12 “dirtiest” crops, BUY ORGANIC!
These are 2017 list of foods on the Clean 15 ™ that are less likely to be contaminated with pesticides:
- Sweet corn*
- Sweet peas
- Papayas **
Safe Foods Not on the Clean 15 ™ List
Here are foods that are produced conventionally that are safe to consume but are not on the Clean 15 list:
Produce like melons, citrus fruits, bananas, squashes which have thick skins or rinds, which can be removed.
Quinoa: The tough outer coating is nearly impermeable to pests, so growers don’t spray it.
Maple Syrup: Real maple syrup is forest-harvested from untreated trees.
“Dirty” Foods in the Clean 15 ™ List
These are foods that are on the Clean 15 list that aren’t safe to consume.
* personally, I haven’t bought corn organic or not since 2011. With the 3 decades of it being genetically modified, there is a chance of cross contamination even if organic. Plus Modern Corn is very different than Ancient Corn. It is A LOT more starchy and A LOT less protein.
** Only buy organic Papaya. They are heavily genetically modified.
This is just a little piece of a much bigger piece that I am happy to share with you.
If this was helpful information and you’d like to receive more healthful tips that will lead you to safe foods and save you money and time to spend on things that matter most to you, let me guide you through this journey. Sign up for the Smart Shopping Guide online course that I created for busy moms.
To Your Health,
P.S: Are you ready to make the breakthroughs at this time in order to live your most extraordinary life! You need a map to get where you want to go…..no?!? Schedule your FREE 30 minute Hormone Breakthrough call. Get clarity around what you want. Find out what is getting in your way. Walk away with a mini action plan customized to your needs you can implement right away.
- Is it Food Allergy or Intolerance? - September 13, 2019
- Lung Detoxing Tea - July 28, 2019
- Is Juicing Right for You? - November 26, 2018
- Pure Breath - November 14, 2018
- Effectively Banish Parasites From Your Pet Naturally - May 17, 2018
- Yummy Yam Puree - November 22, 2017
- Budwig Recipe - September 27, 2017
- Is Hemp Oil Beneficial for You? - August 9, 2017
- Crushed Potatoes with Shallots - July 6, 2017
- Healthy Shopping Tips - June 20, 2017